Skip to main content

Just Trying to Enjoy It All



Do you see this couple?  They look pretty happy don't they?
It's so easy to smile like this when you have no idea what is around the corner.
Ignorance is bliss!
The photo above was taken in late July of 2012 
at our church's Alive event that they hold every year.  
Bradley, my husband, and a group of musician friends 
that he plays with were performing that night.
It's always hot as all get out but is always a fun night.  
This event is kind of a kick start back into 
fall and the beginning of school and sort of an End of Summer Blast.
We love love it.


Now these precious kids are ours.
Ahhh, it makes me smile just to think that they belong to me.  
(Oh yes, and to my Bradley too)
This photo was taken about the same time.  Probably more like early August of 2012.
They are truly incredible kids and not just because they are mine.  
My parents and Brad's parents both agree that they are incredible too.  
So there you have it.  Confirmation.  
Heading into 9th, 7th & 5th grade.  
My oldest son, Kelly, was going to be a freshman.  
My next son, Cotton, was going into jr. high.
And this was my little girl, Jenna's last year in elementary school.
To say it was a huge year is an understatement.  


This was our home.
Now before I go making this sound super dramatic,
know that we are a blessed bunch of people!
Every person, every family has it's own path to walk out.
So while our path took some turns that we did not see coming, by no means is it to 
say our path was any harder than anyone else's. We know so many that have faced real tragedy, real hurt, real pain.  We sit in awe of how God carries His children through tough times. In fact, we have seen through our walk exactly how weak we are.  
Exactly how much we need our Savior.  
We have been weak people!  
But the Lord is good and has used our weaknesses in many ways.  
So to God be the glory for what He has done in our lives.  :-)

So back to our home.  We loved it.  We had about 8 acres of mostly wooded land.
It was on a dead end street that at the end of the road was a youth retreat camp.  
I remember one of the first nights in our new home hearing some noise around 11pm.
I thought we must've left a radio on downstairs but after checking I realized the sounds were coming from outside.  I stepped out the front door to hear, faintly in the distance, kids trying to recite the books of the bible over the loud speaker.  Then shortly afterward we heard praise music.  It was a sound that we grew to love.  Now if we lived a little further down the road it may not have been so pleasant but where we were,
 it was perfect.


There were so many great things about that house.  From the trails that we hiked and rode dirt bikes on to the rope swings and old camp cabins that actually lined our property.  It was a cool place for our family.  But the house itself held so many special things.  First of all my musician husband loves to build things.  So naturally he built our house but so many other things in it too.  The wood for the stair railings and fireplace mantle came from trees from his grandfathers land. Bradley cut every piece by hand.  Our kids helped stain each piece and help put them up.  Along with a lot of other sentimental things, this was a special place.  God had given it to bless us and also lay the ground work for trusting Him.

  

"Trust" is such an easy term to say but living it out is not always easy.  
Now for my favorite verse ever:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
Never rely on what you think you know.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and
He will direct your path
Proverbs 3:5,6 

So are you having to trust God with something that you love dearly?
Not in a materialistic way. 
But in a way that is truly grateful for the gift that was entrusted to you?
I will say to you He is FAITHFUL.  
You are safe to trust almighty God.

We were just trying to enjoy it all and 
I think that's exactly what we were supposed to do.
So next I'll let you know how things began to go a little crazy.
Please come back and join me on this journey.
And I'd love to hear from you in the comments below.
God's love to you friends!


  












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and the Bible

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. "He will beautify the humble with salvation"~~ If God were my Rachel Zoe, my own personal stylist, He would first choose to clothe me in salvation. "..Clothe me in salvation". Before He can do this He has to get me ready for my style session. This takes a bit of planning and thought. God must set the stage, so to speak. A good stylist plans, prepares, gathers needed material, and gets a full vision for the overall and complete look. In this case, I was so unattractive or plainly said, ugly as sin or maybe better to say "ugly with sin". This sin is so ugly that He cannot even look on me. If we started here God wouldn't even be able to take my measurements. God cannot be with sin. He sees this as a problem that must be fixed. We've got to wash sin away. The sin must go before anything can be done. As you've seen on What Not To Wear

Beauty and the Bible The Collection pt. 3 "Fierce"

In my style session with God as Master Stylist, I'm coming across some incredible pieces. He's already dressed me in "Salvation" (Psalm 149:4) which I am loving! It's such a good fit I think I will let it double as my Spanx (s omething's got to pull in the flaws and help me be more pleasing to the eye. haha ). So my Salvation stays on. Then I hit the mini runway in "Active Wear". This was a fun look with lots of energy. It was a light, bright outfit that could take me everywhere ( Eph 5:8,9). It had great shoes too. Once I put on my Gospel boots, I was good to go ( Eph 6:15). Ok , I am so excited to see what's next. This outfit is definitely different than the previous two. Tyra Banks comes to mind. Whether you've seen her TV show or not, I'm sure you've seen this super model's trademark look. She has very proudly made the word "fierce" synonymous with her identity. And if you don't mind, I'll snag her word

Ya think??

I have the BEST Mama in the world.  Like for real - ya'll. No joke.  She's like the bomb-diggity.  And whether or not you  use that term doesn't matter because my Mama seriously is that . She has patience that I can only hope for. She has an ability to think things and NOT say them. She may forget to get the rolls out of the oven for dinner;  but I forget to BUY the rolls in the first place. She loves helping people anyway she can. She goes WAY out of her way to help people.  It's amazing. And she' not going to tell you about it either. Oh my friends, God made her good.  So I tell you that to tell you about a card she gave me for my birthday this last year. I was turning 43.  (* Eeegads *) But the age is not important.  She gave me this card like I'm sure so many of you have seen before. A card with all of these attributes that I'm supposed to have. Well, for some reason it struck me like a MACK truck. I'm not th