Skip to main content

Have You Thought About Albert Lately?

Have You Thought About Albert Lately?

"As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue"

This is a quote from someone I had heard of my whole life
 but never really knew much about.
It was Albert Einstein.
  
My son, Cotton,  had to do a report on him a few years back and as we researched him I was completely blown away!  A very interesting life, for certain.  You can research him for yourself and I feel sure you may be surprised as well. 

In the photo below, are Cotton's feet.  The view is our back yard. 
We feel so blessed to be living where we are. 
We are surrounded by fields and trees.
A perfect place to sit, imagine, reflect. 



The quote above left me reminded of Proverbs 17:28 that states,

"Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace;
When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive."

When we sit still we are able to listen.  We are able to hear.
We put ourselves in a place where God our Father can help us be creative.
Here is another quote from Einstein:


"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination."


I wonder if he realized where his intelligence and imagination came from?



Cotton has learned to drive the Jeep in the field. I am inspired to be a good mommy as I see my boy taking his next steps into manhood.  Watching your children can be overwhelming at times.  It's like sometimes I can't just look and enjoy the moment.
I have to feel the weight of my role in his life.  I want him to have good influences.
I want him to hear good things that will benefit him.  I trust that the Lord is reaffirming the things my husband and I are trying to teach him.



"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value."
A.E.

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; 
but the greatest of these is love"
1 Corinthians 13:13

I hope all three of my children really understand that LOVE is THE greatest thing!


Here are my oldest son and daughter. 
 My kids enjoy their electronics just as the rest of us do. 
But they love to ride in the field.  They love to have fires in the pit.  
They love to hammock in the trees.  They love to take walks with us on the 
railroad tracks.  We all love to do that. 
 So it leads me to one more quote by old Albert: 


"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

He was not referring to the technology that our generation uses on a daily basis, 
but I do think he knew where technology at his time was headed.
I think he knew how dependent we would become.
So I cherish our walks on the railroad tracks.
I cherish the moments when our family is not "plugged in".

He also said something that makes me wonder even more about him:

"Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better."

Isn't that interesting??  What will you understand better?
  And what exactly does "everything" include?
  I am not sure of his true feelings on Christianity because, to be honest,
 many people question all the quotes by him and facts in this area. 
 I was not in his head and heart to know if there was a struggle,
 gripping his incredibly, intelligent mind around what the work of the Father is.
  I think when Albert looked deep into nature he found comfort. 
 I think he found order.  I think he felt part of something too big
 for him to understand and yet he felt peace.
  That's what I think. 
 I know that Genesis 2:9 tells me those things.
  It is pleasant to sight.  It is pleasurable.

"And out of the ground the Lord God 
made every tree grow that 
is pleasant to the sight and good for food."

What we cannot understand in this life, 
I know is being handled by the
creator of ALL things.

Neat :-)

  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and the Bible

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. "He will beautify the humble with salvation"~~ If God were my Rachel Zoe, my own personal stylist, He would first choose to clothe me in salvation. "..Clothe me in salvation". Before He can do this He has to get me ready for my style session. This takes a bit of planning and thought. God must set the stage, so to speak. A good stylist plans, prepares, gathers needed material, and gets a full vision for the overall and complete look. In this case, I was so unattractive or plainly said, ugly as sin or maybe better to say "ugly with sin". This sin is so ugly that He cannot even look on me. If we started here God wouldn't even be able to take my measurements. God cannot be with sin. He sees this as a problem that must be fixed. We've got to wash sin away. The sin must go before anything can be done. As you've seen on What Not To Wear

Ya think??

I have the BEST Mama in the world.  Like for real - ya'll. No joke.  She's like the bomb-diggity.  And whether or not you  use that term doesn't matter because my Mama seriously is that . She has patience that I can only hope for. She has an ability to think things and NOT say them. She may forget to get the rolls out of the oven for dinner;  but I forget to BUY the rolls in the first place. She loves helping people anyway she can. She goes WAY out of her way to help people.  It's amazing. And she' not going to tell you about it either. Oh my friends, God made her good.  So I tell you that to tell you about a card she gave me for my birthday this last year. I was turning 43.  (* Eeegads *) But the age is not important.  She gave me this card like I'm sure so many of you have seen before. A card with all of these attributes that I'm supposed to have. Well, for some reason it struck me like a MACK truck. I'm not th

Beauty and the Bible The Collection pt. 3 "Fierce"

In my style session with God as Master Stylist, I'm coming across some incredible pieces. He's already dressed me in "Salvation" (Psalm 149:4) which I am loving! It's such a good fit I think I will let it double as my Spanx (s omething's got to pull in the flaws and help me be more pleasing to the eye. haha ). So my Salvation stays on. Then I hit the mini runway in "Active Wear". This was a fun look with lots of energy. It was a light, bright outfit that could take me everywhere ( Eph 5:8,9). It had great shoes too. Once I put on my Gospel boots, I was good to go ( Eph 6:15). Ok , I am so excited to see what's next. This outfit is definitely different than the previous two. Tyra Banks comes to mind. Whether you've seen her TV show or not, I'm sure you've seen this super model's trademark look. She has very proudly made the word "fierce" synonymous with her identity. And if you don't mind, I'll snag her word