Skip to main content

Summer of Waves and Up-do's

This was an article that I had written for a publication that didn't make it in.  But after re-reading it, I think it is still worthy for today's summer looks.
 Can you guess what year this was?
 
 
This summer we’ve got movies that will transport us
 from the inspiring surfer girl
 to the pirate women of the seas
 to the futuristic ladies of the superhero world.
  And although the range of characters will be vast there will be one common theme, waves
To get these incredible haphazard waves
 you’ve got to take a totally different approach
 to curling your hair.
  Soft, natural waves will add fullness
 without being too structured.
  To get this look try applying Kenra medium hold volumizing mousse on clean uncombed hair.
  Blow dry until hair is 90% dry.
  Then take 2" sections of hair and twist to the ends.
  Loop the ends back to the scalp and secure with pins. Sleep on hair.
 In the morning carefully unwind each twist.
  Flip hair upside down and shake lightly
 making sure to not overwork the waves.
  Flip up and shake into place.
  Apply a small amount of Moroccan Oil to dress the waves. This look will be great no matter what your summer occasion.

Don’t forget the up-do’s.
  Take those waves and loosely pull them
 into a low ponytail.
  Add some interest by placing your pony to the side.
  To keep your pony looking polished
 leave out a strand of hair to wrap around your elastic.  
Pin in place and you now look like you’ve been styled
 by the pros. 
Take it one step further and twist ends of the pony up
 and pin around the elastic.
Tease the hair that didn’t make it into the pin
 for a Ragamuffin Chic effect. 
 This summer the hair is easy and beautiful
 so enjoy looking as good as the women on the big screen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and the Bible

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. "He will beautify the humble with salvation"~~ If God were my Rachel Zoe, my own personal stylist, He would first choose to clothe me in salvation. "..Clothe me in salvation". Before He can do this He has to get me ready for my style session. This takes a bit of planning and thought. God must set the stage, so to speak. A good stylist plans, prepares, gathers needed material, and gets a full vision for the overall and complete look. In this case, I was so unattractive or plainly said, ugly as sin or maybe better to say "ugly with sin". This sin is so ugly that He cannot even look on me. If we started here God wouldn't even be able to take my measurements. God cannot be with sin. He sees this as a problem that must be fixed. We've got to wash sin away. The sin must go before anything can be done. As you've seen on What Not To Wear

Unstructured Natural Looking Waves

Isn't she BeAuTiFuL???  She is and has a personality that is just as gorgeous!! This is Lucy and she's a gem even with her normally straight, slightly coarse hair.  Here's how we took her from straight to silky, bouncy, super natural looking waves . We scored 2 different looks.  And YOU can too with this simple but unique process.  Here we go... If you're starting with clean hair then you've got to dirty it up a bit.  I used Kenra Firm Hold Mousse all over on dry hair.  Then added Brocato's Rootfix from the scalp and up the hairshaft about 2 1/2".  Love this stuff.  It makes it rough without feeling hard or stiff.  Then did a semi-rough blow out til the hair was comepletely dry again. Starting with the nape, section the hair off into 2x2" sections.  Pull the strands out and twist. Twist the strands back to the head and secure with roller set pins or hair pins. Repeat until all the hair is twisted and secured except for the bang area.  Make a bar

Ya think??

I have the BEST Mama in the world.  Like for real - ya'll. No joke.  She's like the bomb-diggity.  And whether or not you  use that term doesn't matter because my Mama seriously is that . She has patience that I can only hope for. She has an ability to think things and NOT say them. She may forget to get the rolls out of the oven for dinner;  but I forget to BUY the rolls in the first place. She loves helping people anyway she can. She goes WAY out of her way to help people.  It's amazing. And she' not going to tell you about it either. Oh my friends, God made her good.  So I tell you that to tell you about a card she gave me for my birthday this last year. I was turning 43.  (* Eeegads *) But the age is not important.  She gave me this card like I'm sure so many of you have seen before. A card with all of these attributes that I'm supposed to have. Well, for some reason it struck me like a MACK truck. I'm not th